Monday, June 18, 2012

{DIY!} A Jewelry Cloche

t+j Designs love bracelets, Madewell cuff, Ledo tassel bracelet


Over the years I've tried to build up a nice collection of necklaces and bracelets but have had trouble finding a way to organize, easily access, and display them all.  Enter: inspiration!


After visiting Pottery Barn's website I chanced upon their Glass Cloche Jewelry storage units, and was sold on the idea.  But why buy it when I could totally make it myself for less and with a better set up?  Warning: this is super easy.



Step 1:

To make a jewelry cloche, which is actually the name for the dome cover of the case, I picked up a cupcake-sized cloche display case and a ring holder, both from Amazon.com, for a grand total of $20.  To make a necklace cloche, just use a large cloche and a necklace holder tree.



Step 2:

Place the ring holder on the cloche platform.  I originally wanted to stick the holder to the platform with tape, but it just wouldn't stick!  What's great though is that the weight of the bracelets secures everything down.  Whew, one less step!

J.Crew Carnation bracelet

Step 3:

Place bracelets on the platforms and drape any other ones on the ring holder branches.



t+j Designs love bracelets, J.Crew pyramid stretch bracelet, Venetian glass bracelet from Italy
Ta da!  Complete!

Step 4:

Admire.  :)


4 comments:

  1. It makes me sad when I see great posts with no comments. I just want to say that I got here through by looking for that product. I'm glad you were able to make a cheaper version of it. I think I'm going to run to TJMAXX and make one myself!

    www.houseofhemingway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much for your kind words... totally made my day! :) By the way, your site is lovely! I hope you have fun with your own DIY cloche. :)

      Delete
  2. i agree =)

    can you tell me the links of the place you brought both of the items. iwant to make one so bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mina! Thank you! I actually got both from Amazon.com, but it seems like the cupcake cloche I bought is out of stock. Here are similar ones:
      http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Cupcake-Pastry-Glass-Holder/dp/B00607JBFC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_18
      http://www.amazon.com/Glass-Cloche-Tray-Plant-Terrarium/dp/B00896HFUK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_10.

      As for the ring stand:
      http://www.amazon.com/Umbra-Muse-Chrome-Plated-Holder-Icelet/dp/B005CI2UY4/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1352173788&sr=1-1&keywords=ring+stand

      After playing around with mine, I also suggest getting some kind of super glue or adhesive to keep the ring stand on the cloche. :) Hope this helps!

      Delete