Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New York Food: Round I


I've had a lot of burgers in my time.  Juicy, savory, and delicious; from Crane Alley to Five Guys to In-N-Out, they've all been good.  ...BUT.  This burger... this Shake Shack burger has topped them all.  Yummy potato bread bun, hot, gooey cheese, portobello mushroom and tender patty along with the smoothest shake I've ever had, made for a truly great day.
Bite. Chew. Savor. Repeat.


At four o'clock, this place was still packed!  Andrew and I stood in line for about half an hour, but boy oh boy was it worth it.


I highly recommend the Shack Stack, which is the most loaded burger offered, and the strawberry shake.  No fries... why?  Because we were off to Pomme Frites right after!



We decided to experiment with sauces and ordered the Sweet Mango Chutney Mayo, the Smoked Eggplant Mayo, and the Sundried Tomato Mayo.  All were pretty delicious with the thick potato fries, but I was especially partial to the sweet mango chutney sauce.  Who would have thought sweet would go with salty so well?

Afterwards, we ended the day walking around and doing some window shopping.



No comments:

Post a Comment