Thursday, September 22, 2011

Round II, Part I: Ladurée


After taking a semester of French and having a large poster of the Eiffel Tower in my room for a year, I'd like to think I've earned the right to love all things Parisian.  So, when I heard Ladurée was opening in New York, I planned a trip out to see it the next time I was in town.  Luckily, the store opened a few weeks before, so there'd be no line!



Wrong.  Took 20 minutes to get this picture of the storefront.  The line stretched the length of a block.  Oh well, once inside, the store  was so beautiful that it was well worth it... plus the extra 25 minute wait.


I think this tower has 125 macaroons on it.  Wow!



The salesladies wore the cutest aprons!  You can kind of see it here, but each had a large cupcake on the chest and, paired with dainty bow-ties, their uniforms were adorable.



We wanted to enjoy our macaroons on a rowboat ride in Central Park, but sadly the boathouse was on strike so we just copped a squat on a park bench to watch kids play with remote controlled boats on the lake.




Here's the chocolate macaron.  The cookies were nice and crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, and the ganache filling was delicious.  We got the Rose Petal, Blackcurrant Violet, Vanilla, Strawberry & Mint, Raspberry, Chocolate, Coffee, and Pistachio.  The strawberry one was really good -- mint doesn't automatically come to mind when you think strawberry, but it really worked and softened the tartness away. The pistachio was also very good.  I'm a big fan of anything tasting like almond!


Without a doubt, these macaroons were the best I've ever had!  But then again, I've only had them twice, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment