Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Come and Knock on My Door


*Knock Knock*


"Who's there?"


"Cicada.  Just me.  Hangin' out here.  On your door."
"Whooooa.  I have not been waiting for you."

This guy is either 10 years early (last cicada crop we had in the area was in 2004) or he traveled across a state border to land on my screen door.  What a trooper, but he probably won't find a mate.  :(


I usually hate bugs, but these guys always intrigue me when they pop up.  Their wings have a slight golden sheen, their eyes are an opaque red and their bodies are a cross between dark blue and black.  In other words, ugly and pretty.  Kind of geeked out when I saw this one.

In other news, who says you can't admire the great outdoors from the indoors?


I looked out my window this morning and saw these deer on my street, munching away.

All in all, a great day for spotting wildlife/insects!

No comments:

Post a Comment