Tuesday, April 15, 2014

{DIY!} An Up! Do.




Spring has sprung and it's getting warm out there... and warm temperatures call for a cool updo.  Of course, busy/lazy girl standards necessitate that hairdos are quick, easy, and chic, and this fulfills all of the above.  Here's a step-by-step tutorial!

Topsy Tail


Step 1) Gather the top section of your hair in a loose ponytail.
Step 2) Put your hand under the ponytail and with a finger or two, reach through and part your hair just within the hair tie.
Step 3) Flip the ponytail up and pull through the part.





Double it Up

Step 4) Gather the rest of your hair around the first ponytail and secure in a second loose ponytail.  Repeat steps 2 through 3.








Plait It


Step 5) Braid the ends of your topsy tail.  I chose to fish tail braid my hair, but a regular braid will do as well. With the help of a few bobby pins, tuck the ends into a bun.






Pouf!


Step 6) This step is optional!  I like to have a little pouf in my hair, so I gathered some of my hair around the crown of my head, teased the hair a bit, and pinned it up with bobby pins.






As You Wish

Step 7) Decorate your 'do with whatever suits your fancy.  I bought a few hair ornaments (on a layover) in Japan and can finally put them to use!







2 comments:

  1. this is so pretty! I might have to try one day soon this week

    ReplyDelete